Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Horror Story (2013) - Horror



I am a little easy to please when it comes to this particular genre of film making as I am a born coward – at times it’s very hard for me to turn the lights off after watching a horror movie. Hence I saw this at home that too in broad day light (Alone) while my wife worked in kitchen – she kept coming into the room just to check what was all those horrible noises our television was making and she kept smiling on the stuff I was watching and getting scared. Still, I must say that the movie indeed scared me partially and was able to give me solid goose bumps. Although it’s a done to death story – a million times narrated already – a group of youngsters going to a haunted place just to prove a point to each other. The so called ghost has only one thing in mind to kill everyone one way or the other, whoever comes to that haunted place. Cell phones don’t work; no one can go out as well as come in. What works in the favor of the movie is its background score, unknown cast, no song / dance and crisp length (only 90 minutes). I will definitely give it a good 3/5, and I am sure it must be fun watching this one big screen. I am not yet able to gather guts to watch any of the horror movies on big screen – let’s see if that changes in the near future.

No comments: