Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) - Comedy



Another terrific movie from the lethal combo of Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio camp. Mindblowing is the handling and I am sure all MS and LDC fans just like me will go head over heels in praising this one – big time. It deserves all the accolades and mind it – if this one doesn’t gets him an Academy – no other movie ever will. Oh and before I forget – my full sympathies with the folks in India who saw it on big screen and a heartfelt request to please check it out again on an uncut DVD – so that you should know what you missed. 180 minutes of running time throughout which MS and LDC with superb support cast made sure that I had a solid ear to ear grin plastered on my face permanently. The less said about the language used in the movie the better as we all have heard about it already multiple times – I couldn’t understand why would some tell MS on his face during an award ceremony (“Shame on you”) after watching the movie. The movie is about a New York stockbroker who runs a firm that engages in securities fraud and corruption on Wall Street in the 1990s – ends up making millions of dollar and where all that lands him is what it’s all about. Right like all other earlier MS movies – this one too stands out big time – totally loved it as I saw it right after “American Hustle” debacle which became the first of its own kinds of Christian Bale movies – which I am never going to see again. I will rate this one a fantastic 4/5 with a must watch recommendation to all (especially my male friends – pick up a six pack and enjoy it with your friends). Not to be missed at any cost.

No comments: