Saturday, February 11, 2017

Nocturnal Animals (2016) - Movie

WOW! WOW! and WOW!
Jake Gyllenhal has definitely come of age in last couple of years, do not remember any of his movies that didn't work for me in last so many years and he is going from strength to strength. And they keep taking my favorite Amy Adams to make / keep me emotional / sentimental throughout with such an amazing author backed role I must say. The movie big time works not only like a thriller but also so involving that I actually at times felt and wished that I could get inside the screen may be with a baseball bat or a gun and turn those buggers into pulp. Story of a guy whose wife gets abducted, raped and killed while they are on a road trip passing from Texas. The helpless guy had no option but to save himself and then be on the lookout for them, what turn outs next is not only heart warming but very convincing heart breaking drama / action. How he turns his life story into a shocking book, he not only shocks his x wife - Amy but kept on shocking me too with all the twists and turns - was able to keep me hooked throughout sitting at the edge of my seat t see what comes next.
I loved the way story keeps going in flashbacks back and forth, perfect timing and very well done too. Michael Shannon too is in excellent form - totally amazing character of a dieing cop who gives no shit when it comes to bringing bad guys to justice - law way or his way.
Unfortunately the ending didn't work for me at all, knowing the character of Jake - how he was in the movie - he would definitely not do what he does in the ending, no ways, I am convinced with that ending but whatever it is, totally loved the movie.
It is going to remain in my memory for a long time to come.
Definitely a 4.5/5 stuff with a must watch recco for Psychological thriller lovers - do not miss it at any cost.

No comments: