Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Baaghi 2 (Movie)

We just came out of a Single screen theater hardly a mile from my home after watching "Baaghi 2", and I must say that I have decoded why Tiger Shroff's movie is doing good, making so much money and getting a good word of mouth too. After a long-long time, I have seen a movie where the crowd is just going crazy hooting, shouting, cheering, whistling and so much more. Unbelievable experience at a small theater which was almost house-full on a Sunday afternoon. Director Ahmed Khan has left no stone upturned in making it an amazing movie to entertain the masses. If you are one of those people who consider himself "Super Elite" shhh shhhing people in theater to make you listen to the dialogues, stay away from a cinema running this movie but if you are the other kinds, who can actually shout out loud enjoying a movie, do not miss this at any cost.
Anyone born in the 70's or 80s who have grown up watching Rambo series or JCVD hand to hand or leg to leg combat, shouldn't miss this either. I am doubly sure that Ahmed Khan has seen the Rambo (Part 1 & 2) a dozen times before making this and he just loves them the way I do as that is pretty much evident as the way he has presented us our own Rambo (in the making). Also, this became one of those very few movies in the recent past which made my wifey nudge me "thrice" to say "I wish I knew how to whistle" and she is now determined to learn it before we watch "Baaghi 2" again in the same theater a second time. On top of that neither I nor she could control our excitement and emotion after the movie, so much that we actually called one of our very close friend (A professional Film reviewer) and told him that "This is not done, how could you rate this movie any lower?".
I am super glad that we didn't depend on any reviews and went ahead and saw it ourselves. If I have to rate this movie on the basis of how many stars we are going to give it, it will be as follows:
A half star for superb overall performance of Tiger.
A half star for Deepak Dobriyal.
A half star for Randeep Hooda.
A half star for Manoj Vajpaye.
A half star for Pratiek Babbar (yes).
A half star for Action and terrific camera work.
A half star for Bosco (he deserves it big time).
A half star for the crazy crowd which made our evening super kool.
That makes it a total of 4 Stars out of 5 and hence its a must watch for all movie lovers whose definition of Movies is Entertainment. I can only imagine how my favorite Jaggu dada (Tiger's dad) must have loved this movie. He should be super proud to have a son like Tiger to take his legacy forward and the way crowd is loving him.
We are definitely going to watch it again. You shouldn't miss this either but if you do miss, please do not watch it on TV too, rather skip it totally (your loss).

No comments: