Saturday, September 26, 2026

Nineteen Steps - Millie Bobby Brown

Book: 32/52
Nineteen Steps - Millie Bobby Brown. 
My Rating: 3/5

After the grand success of “Stranger Things” on Netflix, I came across this book on Amazon written by Millie Bobby Brown (ghostwritten, at least), which is based on her Grandmother who survived the tube station accident where 173 people died in an attempt to get away from German bombers attacking London during the Second World War. I didn’t know that it was ghostwritten; I only came to know when I Googled the book after finishing it. There is no way one can tell whether it is written by her or not, but that takes nothing away from the book or the story, which was heart-touching, mushy, romantic, but with a pretty predictable plot and ending. No doubt, I enjoyed it and finished it in 4 sittings with around 360 odd pages but written in big letters, making it further easier to read. As I said, it's a story from a London suburb, where Millie’s grandmother lived when she was a teenager; a simple accident changes the lives of so many families from the neighbourhood when so many lives are lost. As the family survives the loss of loved ones, she falls in love with an American pilot, leaving her next-door neighbour heartbroken. Things change as war breaks out properly, and a second setback leaves her in a really bad state. What happens next was again predictable but, no doubt, good to read, and I was able to connect with all three lead characters. And I must say, the epilogue put a smile on my face. 

Do let me know if you have read this one or any other celebrity (ghostwritten) book that worked for you. I would love to give it a try. 

 

No comments: