Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Aashiqui 2 (2013) - Drama / Romance



I was 14 when Ashiqui came and can never forget what magic it had on all of us, songs were awesome, Rahul Roy was too good, always wanted to keep my hair like him – at times I still try to explain the same to my barber and fail. Today while watching Ashiqui 2 – I realized the maximum people in the hall were teenagers or in the early 20’s. Somehow I had my full trust on Mohit Suri because of the background he comes from and for the kind of movies that he has made – most of them I indeed end up liking if not loving. Here he totally bowled me over – what a Fantastic movie he has made – superb! Right from the very first frame he made sure that one falls in love with the characters and develops a deep connect. I never checked its songs earlier but now I am doubly sure that they will be a permanent part of my collection. I sincerely believe if a movie is able to make you breathless half a dozen times, makes you smile a lot like the way it does and still breaks your heart in the end and then you realize what the title actually stood for – its worth all the money you put in watching it. What I missed today big time was presence of my wifey – who is vacationing with my kiddo – I wish she was with me – watching this kind of a movie holding her hand would’ve been a dream come true. Another thing that I loved about the movie was – the kids sitting besides us kept singing every song word to word – I tell you – this guy has some following, Looking forward to it again some time soon. If you loved and lost – go for it, even if you have never loved – go for it – its one of those rare movies made in our part of the world where you see a Director’s passion in every frame but if you hated “Rockstar” – leave this one alone too – you aren’t missing anything and its seriously not for you. Btw if you do see – check out the last scene of the movie where Shradha is sitting on a tree trunk at the beach – we were standing right behind her while that scene was shot. I will definitely give it a damn good 4/5 with a must watch recommendation for those - who like watching Drama cum Love Stories. Two great things this movie is surely going to do – One – Aditya Roy Kapoor has finally arrived and Shradha Kapoor is one stunning beauty with very expressive face – kudos to them – they are definitely going a long way in Bollywood.

No comments: