Friday, January 31, 2020

Karwaan - Movie

I watched the movie with my in-laws last night and have no words as how I feel after watching it. It was more like someone actually showed me a sort of mirror and I was seeing my own life story unfold in front of me. Of-course I am not going to disclose which character I am talking about  so you can keep guessing. Having said that, I must also add that this is one of the best and the most practical movies that I have ever seen from our part of the world. This is as real as it can get for sure, on your face reality, whether we accept it or not.
Irrfan Khan is the perfect man to play the character who is always there when his friend(s) need him, in whatever way he can help and how he helps his young friend, who has to find his father's dead body first and then replace it with the accidental wrong body given to him by the cargo company is the entire story. Dulquer Salman is a revelation, Wow, I was able to see so much of his Dad (Mammootty) in him. The way things unfold in their journey and lot of new characters make an entry and tell their own tales is simply mind-blowing. Especially the young girl with her own set of problems and the way how she deals with them.
I was totally surprised with the way Writer / Director has covered so much in mere two hours of the movie's run-time. I found it too short and never wanted it to come to an end. A superb Father Son relationship or lack of it, Mother Daughter, A man goofing up his business, falling in an out of love and in again at the drop of a hat, The perfect Road trip, Adventure, Thrill, Comedy, Surprises from the past and so much more. We thoroughly enjoyed the way Karwaan builds up, moves ahead and reaches its destination.
A movie which no one should miss (right like me) as I almost missed it but glad that I finally watched it.

No comments: