Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks (Book).

The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks.
Disclaimer: Whenever you travel out of town on an official trip, make sure that you keep at least 2-3 books and NEVER travel with only one book. Or else you may finish the one you are reading (Lust for Life) and start looking for options available on your laptop and only find a love story to read. If you have the only option of reading a love story, make sure it is NOT a Nicholas Sparks book. And if it is a Nicholas Sparks book, make sure not to read it in public or an outstation cab because as you will smile reading the book and look out of the window to the scenery the driver too will smile looking in the rear view mirror and if your eyes will go moist in an emotional scene the same man may ask you "Sir, everything alright? missing your family?". And if you end up anyways reading a Nicholas Sparks book while you are away from your family  be ready prepared to send too many text messages saying all that lovey dovey messages to your Girl Friend / Wife or both getting a response like "Leave everything and come back soon please". And on top of that if it is monsoon time, you are actually committing a slow suicide and thats exactly how it all went for me while I read this gem of a story in last two days and finally as the book came to an end, I reached home and typing this as my wifey sleeps peacefully calling me a workaholic  she doesn't know that I need to report all this to you lovely people too.
Call me crazy or hardcore romantic (or emotional) Nicholas Sparks books always have that magic on me and this one tops the chart for me for following reason. Now imagine a story whose protagonist is called "Logan" that itself will make me give it a star and I am set to fall in love with the man just for his name. And on top of that the guy has to be lean, muscular, good looking with broad shoulders, long hair which of-course he will be careless about, an Ex Marine who survives so many bomb blasts (serving his country in Iraq and Kuwait - you get a hang), he keeps losing his friends in war and remains throughout untouched, how? Because he finds a picture of a woman in the desert and since the day he finds that pic, it works like a lucky charm for him. With almost no clue as who that pic belongs too, or who the lady in question is, his best buddy forces him to go in the search of his own destiny as he owes that much to her. What happens to his friend and how he forces / helps him to go on that journey and the incredible way how Logan goes in search of the woman, what all hurdles he faces in finding her is the rest of the amazing story. And Oh! before I forget the dude has to have a German Shepherd as company that too a very cute looking dog with super intelligence. And let me tell you this in advance that Nicholas Sparks never serves any of his stories in a platter to his readers as there has to be a twist which will choke them, make them pray (even when they are atheists) as I am sure you have read "Message in a Bottle" and how it ends .
Now imagine the other side of the story, the woman in picture could be real, what would her life be like? That picture could be a decade old, by the time he discovers it, she could be married and may have a few kids or whatever. What is Logan supposed to tell her if he actually finds her in the first place? Who lost her picture in the desert? Was that his lucky charm too? Repercussions of losing it? Go get the book and find out, don't ask me, I don't disclose spoilers.
If you have read all that I am sure you know by now that I am huge huge Sparks fan, no doubt on that. Do tell me if you have read this one? or which one is your favorite Nich Sparks book? I am almost done with all his books in publication order, guess another 4-5 are remaining which I am trying to stretch as long as he comes out with another in the meantime .

No comments: