Friday, July 08, 2016

Inscrutable Americans - Anurag Mathur (Book)

40/100 of #100bookpact

Inscrutable Americans - Anurag Mathur

I am way way later in reading this one as it came highly recommended by a NRI friend (Of-course American) that it was a hilarious read as per her that too a decade back I guess. Today when I finished it - I felt like it has certainly lost its charm in time, initially it was a good read although sounds a lot exaggerated in todays time but midways it loses its steam and becomes boring by the time it ends. Yes in the early 90's when it was published first - it must be a unique book giving a first hand experience of a small town (read village) guy landing in USA for a year - getting cultural shock and all that. The protagonist is actually a little too dumb I felt or may be writer wanted to project him this way to make it more entertaining for us, didn't work for me. Finished it in flat two sittings. 

No comments: