Monday, May 18, 2020

More Unfairy Tales - TF Carthik (Book)

More Unfairy Tales - TF Carthik.
What happens when an avid reader or call him a sort of a Bookaholic turns into a writer? A man with a wildest imagination or a man with a mission to even further better the characters that not only he himself loved or still loves since childhood but we also love the same characters. In my wildest imagination I have dreamed of seeing a fight sequence between Batman and Superman and the best thing is that the makers actually delivered it to us a few years back. I have even imagined how the discussion will go if John Galt meets Howard Roark someday  can you beat that. And guess what, Author has fulfilled that imagination through his Unfairy tales, not exactly the same characters but the Fairy characters and how beautifully . These days there comes hardly a book which is able to keep a smile on my face throughout its length (barely 140 pages in this case) and makes me stare in blank space thinking about it. And on top of that Author's way of story telling is so beautiful, simple, philosophical and what not that I felt as if he was talking to me sitting right in front of me and not that I was reading the printed words. He has already proved his mettle with his first book which was totally awesome and so is the prequel but again I have serious complains about this that it is too too short and no ways writers like Carthik should be allowed to come out with a book with only 140 pages, they should be forced to not to come out with anything less than 300 in one outing, if only that was in my powers.
Not to give out any spoilers but if you have read his previous book, you already know that all these Unfairy Tales are told from the point of view of the oddest characters that we could ever imagine  and that is the beauty of it, as we really need to read carefully to know who the person is who is telling the story  I wish I could tell you more about it. On top of that Mr. Carthik is climbing the ladder quite fast to become my favorite Author from the current times by not giving anything away not in Index or the story titles - can you beat that? I hate those books where the chapter titles gives away at least half of it but here he has done it so smartly that I was left guessing as what could the story be about? Like I said that Roark and Galt connection, imagine a character from this story tries to shoot down the other character from other story on the ground that his or her is way better than the other one's  Hahalarious it was and such a unique idea. And I want to stand up and clap for the supremely talented man for the choice of character names  I am craving to tell you but won't as that will spoil the fun for you people. Have you heart of a Nazi shoemaker? You will love him if you get to read his story.
We all love the Fairies but is there a story which makes you fall in love with a Witch? Please tell me about it, I would love to read it and you need to read this as I just told you about the same. Although he calls them the Unfairy Tales  but you get a hang why he calls them that. One line which stuck with me big time in one of his stories was so beautiful that I will never ever forget in my life meaning "Hope is such big betrayer". And there are so many little gems thrown to a very good measure in every story especially when non humans talk about us humans. Oh! and before I end this and forget the most important part, you've got to read the Acknowledgement section in the end, even that will put a big smile on your face especially if you belong to any Book-reader's community in the online world.
Have you read "Carthik's Unfairy Tales" or "More Unfairy Tales", if not, you've got to get both and read them back to back and I so much wish that the Author takes Writing as his full-time job in the very near future and write a full fledged Novel with at-least 500 pages if not more.
PS: Do not miss that terrific short story cum futuristic upcoming book (hoping) on an "Indian Religion" that will put a big smile on your face by the time you decode what it is about.

No comments: