Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Quentin Tarantino (Movie)

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Quentin Tarantino.
Me and my wife just walked out of a theater in Pune with our minds totally blown to pulp, wifey was thoroughly entertained although she found the movie a bit slow from Tarantino standards (She has seen all QT movies and Kill Bill 2 is her favorite). Unbelievably we were only 8 people in total watching a 12 O clock show but I wasn't surprised that almost all of us cheered, shouted, yippied so many times, guess each one of us was the fan of the man behind it all. Yes, it isn't one of his best works and we have seen better QT movies still I will firmly maintain that one should see it on the big-screen only, the impact of it all, darkness, suspense, music, dialogues, blood, gore, spit, curse the rumble of the cars is something your television and home theater system will do no justice to. I am definitely up for a second viewing myself as soon as I get company to watch it again, may be this time I will check it out on an IMAX screen, the bigger and the louder the better. censor board did screw it up very partially (say 5%) as they did mute some words  but I am super glad that they left "FUCK" as it is in the whole movie  as that'something I love counting in a QT movie and of-course I lose the count in the very first 10 minutes only at all times, this was no exception.
As so many have mentioned previously that the movie has no set story, it just goes on to tell us how it was back in the late 60's and 70's, a few months from the life of a fading (TV) star who goes on (kind of) to make a career again and the best part of the whole movie is his body double (the Stuntman). Of-course LDC is the man in lead with Brad Pitt as his Stuntman but undoubtedly for me too, Brad gets the cherry on top, totally loved him for a change. Wifey too exclaimed that she hasn't seen any Brad Pitt movie so far she guessed and I have vowed to correct it by showing her "Fight Club" this weekend . Imagine one movie with LDC in lead, Brad Pitt in toes and they both come in one frame (may be for a fraction) with none other than Al Pacino  I can watch that again and again on a repeat mode as long as it will last. With hot Margot Robbie, Kurt Russell and a guy playing Steve McQueen and before I forget about Bruce Lee  with so many movie references thrown here there and everywhere - makes it a movie worth all the money for movie-freaks especially. And Quentin Tarantino makes his fan laugh out loud, whistle and jump on their seats with that superb mind-blowing ending. You've got to watch this movie for its pace, unbelievable lines, expressions, crazy characters and that total kick-ass ending. I want to tell you so much about the movie, but unfortunately that will take so much fun and surprise element away from you. So I will keep my horses in the stable till the second helping and will edit this post again, you have time till then to watch it or take the spoilers with a pinch of salt.
If you haven't seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, do yourself a favor and watch it on big screen, you can criticize it later but go ahead, have the experience of a QT movie on Big Screen as next may or may not come at all in future.

No comments: