Friday, November 22, 2019

Darker: Fifty Shades Darker as Told by Christian - EL James (Book)

Darker: Fifty Shades Darker as Told by Christian - EL James.
How I got into Fifty Shades? I ask myself and get an instant answer that one fine day a few years ago my nephew came to me with the first movie on his pen drive. Neither he nor we had any idea what we were about to watch. Guess the song "Love me like you do" was the trick how we got into the movie. It was such an embarrassing experience (read cringe-worthy) to watch it with my some 19 odd year old nephew with wifey around . The movie was a fantastic lesson on "Sex and BDSM" if you ask me, unfortunately it was too gross to my sensual taste and the story almost went nowhere. The only good thing(s) in the first movie Fifty Shades of Grey was the girl, I totally loved the one who played Anastasia Steele, ravishing and gorgeous she is and the toys that Mr. Grey has (no pun intended), I am talking about the big boys toys. The fleet of Audi Q7's, an Amazing Audi R8 (one of the fastest and most expensive cars) and a state of the art Helicopter. And before I forget to mention, his personal library, which has a huge collection of some rare books, first editions leather bound (Thomas Hardy's) Wow. The apartment he owned, the kind of money he made and the big philanthropist as he was projected. Developing state of the art technology, selling it to developed nations on a premium and free to the underdeveloped nations like Africa and India (how Nobel). Plus the guy was straight, handsome, clean, almost a professional kick-boxer with loads of money supply to last a few life times. I really wondered what could go wrong with a guy like that to do what he was doing on screen and on top of that the question that was killing me was why the Girl was taking it on her the way she was doing. Hence the book had to be read. After reading the book I indeed get all the answers and am totally convinced as why a guy like Grey should not be loved the way Ana loves him.
Now, Ms James is a little too smart so she wrapped up Christian Grey's illustrious life (read Sex life) in three books, Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed from the point of view of Anastasia Steele. On top of that as if it wasn't enough for her readers, she wrote two more "Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian" and the one that I just finished "Darker: Fifty Shades Darker as Told by Christian". These unfortunately were the same books as its counterparts from the previous years but were Christian Grey's version of the same story . How beautiful and on top of that she ends up selling some 150 million copies worldwide in multiple languages, produces the Movies too and even they too made a lot of money if Wiki is to be believed. Bravo.
Five books later, the plot can still be wrapped up in one line that Mr. Grey is a man who was abused in his childhood by his Crack Whore Mother's Pimp, later adopted by Mr and Mrs Grey whose family friend (again a lady) abuses him further till he falls in love with Ana Steele and his life changes overnight for good. Call it fortunately or unfortunately whatever you may, I end up reading all five books  as fillers between my tough reads (as I like to call it) and found them to be pretty interestingly written. A little too much of Sex of-course which at times gets cringe-worthy but as Mr. Grey claims "No one dies of excess Sex" and his girl friend confesses to him that she would love to die making love to him. How beautiful. Of all the five books that I have read so far, this one was the most challenging one to read but still I finished it somehow and I will be waiting for the next one to come along soon so I can put Mr. Grey's story to rest once he is "Freed" as the next I expect will do it.
Have you read Fifty Shades? or Have you seen the movies?
Who is your favorite Character from the series. Mine are definitely Grey's driver Taylor and his housekeeper Mrs. Jones. And the character of Mrs. Robinson.
PS: I guess after EL James is done with the sixth book of the series  (Christian's version of his freedom) she should write the entire series again from his driver "Taylor's" point of view. That would be an interesting read.

No comments: