Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Game of Thrones - Season 2 (TV Series)

Game of Thrones - Season 2.
Another week gone and I am done with another season of Game of Thrones . As slow I may take it, I still know that the last season is still a good six months away.
Season 2 immediately picks up the story from where Season 1 had left it on a very high, dramatic and yet so much emotional note. In comparison, definitely Season 2 is not a patch on the first one but yes it does takes the story forward a couple of notches. Surprisingly Jon Snow still maintains the same one (smug) expressions throughout the year with almost nothing much to do or achieve in this season too. Of-course he does gets to go beyond the great wall yet the "King Beyond The Wall" doesn't make an entry yet . I was so eagerly waiting to see the face of the King but they left me again in tenterhooks  (Read rushing to start the Season 3 now).
Try as much as I could, I am still in a huge Awe of bloody Lannisters, totally smitten in love with the Half Man, the Imp - Tyrion. Wow, every time he gets slapped, kicked or shot down by his own immediate family, I feel like there should be a way I could enter the Television and kick their asses. Jamie is now my all time favorite although with hardly any presence in this one but the things are going to turn up nicely in upcoming episodes I could make out. As he joins Brienne the wench on the journey back to the Kings-Landing. Things are poised and I can already smell so much action ahead.
Stark family is still in ruins. Again my first love in the Stark household is no surprise - Arya Stark , what an amazing character and so beautifully done by the little girl. Sansa should be killed ASAP, makes no difference to me. Rob on the roll with his army, love life, revenge and what not is getting the best footage ever. Bran and Rickon with Asha and Hodor are on a journey which turns mysterious with every new twist, wonder how it will end for them.
The only weak link as of now as per me which totally disappointed me so far is "Stannis", what happened to his character? someone please tell me that it is going to get better from here and how about the "Onion Knight" Davos that was such a heartbreak. I hope they do not disappoint me in the coming episodes. The guy who plays Stannis is a total miscast, a total turn off for me (at this stage at least). Also I am heart-broken by so less attention given to the Mountain, Mormonts, Clegane brothers etc.
Totally incredible is the way they do so much in mere 10 hours each season and I believe I am not the only who feels like their episodes are too short, I bloody blink and its over, before even I could develop a repo with the character and his / her histrionics, Bang! Its over. Totally in love with the amazing background score, especially the one at the start which lasts about close to 2 minutes and the songs as the end credits roll, simply brilliant. Visuals are totally epic, I really wonder where they must have gone to shoot the series and what kind of effort it must take to make an Epic like this. Brilliant. Although the War scenes so far, look a little hurried up and nothing impressive about them but I give them a benefit of doubt.
I don't want to talk about the diversion from the books as this is something supremely amazing to be shoot down just because it diverts or adds up so much more in terms of entertainment value by adding up new things. I am delighted to see the "Others" twice in a row which almost gets no mention in the first five books by GRRM .
What keeps me on toes and at the edge of my seat with every episode is the punch lines they keep throwing to no end. Which again keeps putting a wide smile on my face.
Winter is coming (Definitely the longest they ever had earlier).
Lannisters are definitely going to pay their debts as thats what they are famous for.
Dragons are coming too (very shortly, growing very fast).
Daenerys is going to cross the narrow sea and claim the Iron throne (I am eagerly waiting for it).
Jon Snow still knows nothing .
And my favorite is definitely the "King in the north" that gives me goosebumps every-time he is mentioned.
Another point that impresses and surprises me big time is that each season they have 10 episodes directed by at least five different Directors yet it is so consistently fantastic that it is hard to tell who among them is the best.
PS: I have downloaded all the seasons from Torrents, please tell me especially those who have watched it through other sources if there are subtitles when they speak in Dothraki? Because the version that I am watching, doesn't have any, am I missing something or much?

No comments: