Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Maaya - Minal Arora (Book)

Maaya - Minal Arora.
A time comes in everyone's life with we think of the futility of everything we do, where we suddenly think of stopping for a while and take stock of things around us as where we were, where we have reached, is there an achievement in all that we have done so far or we keep doing time and again. I have gone through that episode in my life a few years ago and right then a book dropped into my collection on its own I guess (or was it my Dad who sent it to me), it was a series of terrific books by a German Author Neale Donald Walsch called "Conversations with God". My parents unknowingly keep pushing me towards faith knowing pretty well that I am an Atheist  but that book series was just magical, yeah! it didn't send me joining my hands in front of a temple or to our own collection of statues back at home, but it did made me understand a lot of things which were happening with me back then. A lot of questions were answered by them and I was charged for a few more years. Right round the corner this time, when I stopped for a while and was again analyzing my life (I am not at all good at that) I got this book in mail from the Author herself. Can you believe that? I hardly interacted with her online, she had no clue of-course what I was going through and I can't thank her enough now for the gem of a book that she wrote with an amazing story of love, loss, sacrifice with a travel to show one the glimpses of their past lives and how it all affects one's present. Mind-blowing was the journey with the protagonist and the clarity that she gets, again my limited vocabulary will do no justice to this gem that everyone has to read (at the earliest). One thing that immediately after I finished this book was to pack it and send it to my Dad, who is doing his own kind of research on his past life and looking for answers to so many of his questions. Guess my parents are going to dig Minal down big time and may have an audience with her in very near future.
Now that I have read the book and loved it big time, I must say that it is very aptly titled "Maaya"  the protagonist whose life-story it is. A very simple story where Maaya is committed, have a relationship of few years, about to get married to the man she loves, in between she takes a break for a few days to attend a close friends wedding, there she meets a guy with who she develops an instant repo. As they part their own ways and the guy too realizes that she is in a committed relationship and soon to be married, he backs out and let's her take her own decision. Would she break the relation, come back to him? or would she go ahead with her already fixed marriage and have a regret for life? You've got to read the book to know that. The twist is, whatever decision she takes, life throws the other guy in front of her yet again after a few years, with a totally new situation and that's where the past life regression comes in place. Now she is into a broken relationship with a cute kid, caring and supporting parent, friends to die for, a well paying satisfying job, but something is missing from her life. Would she ever get what she deserves? or is it her destiny to be the way she is? who is responsible for it? can there be a past life connection? By chance she runs into someone who takes her to the next level, how and what is why you need to read the book. Initially I had my own reservations about the theory but the way it develops and the way Maaya gets her own answers, it actually enlightens the reader too. I guess that is exactly what Author wanted to do with this story and book. And I must say how successfully she does it, I am totally bowled over by it all.
Imagine a situation where you can go back in your own past (lives) and see for yourself that who all were there from your present life and how they were related to you. Is that your Karma which is coming back to haunt you in this life or is that the reward that you are getting in one form for something that you really did good in one of your past life. Why we have so many loving souls around us who will not leave any stone upturned in helping us and why there are so many who make us wish that killing a few shouldn't have been a crime . The entire book was a breeze to read, especially for the non-believer in me, the story was quite captivating, I actually wanted to go ahead in time and see what her future holds for her but the way it is done and how it pans out in the end was simply superb. As a habit I have started NOT reading the back cover, Foreword and Introduction to the book these days as so much is already disclosed in them that it totally spoils the fun of reading the book in the first place. It was indeed amazing to read those things after I finished the book as that tells us a lot about Author - Minal Arora and what she does in real life. Fortunately I have interacted with her on social media with her and I might have her cell number too with me . And I am big time looking forward to my vacation up north and will certainly look forward to have a 20 minutes session up close and personal with her in very near future. I know for sure that my parents are going to beat me up on that and I hope they get all their answers through their sessions with her if at all she has time for us lesser mortals.
Have you read Maaya or a similar book like that? Do you believe our past lives effect us in anyways making it Good, Bad or Worse in the present? And can there be a solution?

No comments: