Monday, March 23, 2020

Twice Born - Sahar Gharachorlou (Book)

Twice Born - Sahar Gharachorlou. How many times it has happened with you that once you finish a book which works for you incredibly well, rather a book which shows you a kind of mirror, makes you review your own life so far and if you have lived well as per the books standards and beliefs you pat yourself on the back and eagerly want to meet the Author to discuss further more. This is the second time in a row that I have read a "Non Fiction" a BEAUTIFUL beautiful book inspired by Sahar's own life experiences, her personal philosophy and life's teachings that she has faced in last few decades of her own experience as a life coach, therapist and her past life regression sessions of her hundreds of clients. I have had exactly same experience after I finished Minal Arora's "Maaya and Infinity", based on almost similar subjects and equally beautiful books. Unfortunately I am yet to meet Minal and now I have added Sahar's name in the list of people that I am looking forward to meet in real life (if I am lucky enough). First of all let tell one thing very clearly that I am Atheist, I do not believe in any kind of God, always have tough time joining my hands in prayer when I am forced to for the sake of my family especially my teenage kid to who I am supposed to pass on our so called sanskars and all that. I am a tuff nut when it comes to teaching, you see one can't teach new tricks to an old monkey can one? And fortunately Sahar's terrific book is far far ahead and away from those preachy self help book types, that is one most important thing that I loved about her book. But I always believe (just like Author) that there is some super power which is making this world move, and undoubtedly I feel indebted to that super power for the beautiful life that we all are living, we have health, ample wealth, love and happiness, incredible set of family and friends to look forward to, practically I have no reason to be sad or worrisome at any stage of my life (saying this after spending four and a half decade on this planet). And that exactly what he book affirmed for me in big bold letters and with her own experiences. I have mentioned this few times earlier too that when it comes to books, I am sort of a lucky chap and this time too, the book that I was destined to read practically walked to me and I am super glad and indebted that Sahar chose me to be her reader. Now she will have to pay the price to respond to the questions cropping up in my mind at the speed of a hundred to the power of ninety nine since I finished her book. Although no way a book like hers is an easy read but the beauty of it is such that she has wrapped her personal experience in the most easiest form and it all makes so much sense when you see that she isn't teaching or preaching, rather sharing her own personal experience and thoughts with her audience. Why it worked wonderfully for me is that I guess she and I are made of the same metal :) when it comes to her experiences with her parents, her siblings, her husband or her fighting times when she moved from her country (Iran) to India, worked on a visa here, faced challenges for almost a decade before her Indian Citizenship was granted. The entire period plus a few of her past life episodes make up for a super amazing read especially for us lesser mortals who keep blaming others for our own shortcomings. Although I may not believe in past life or future births and I may not be too keen on knowing about how life was if there actually is a re-birth working theory but there is no harm in learning the lesson what life teaches us in the current birth. Also, "Twice Born" is a terrific myth breaker especially for those who follow someone blindly thinking that they will be walking towards their salvation with so called Gurus who are still stuck here with us to take us with them. It was part hilarious part thought provoking that why I never wondered on how she opens up on the current world situation. If you read this book, you will love the way she defys the man made rules and the ease with which I got convinced to follow my own heart and if you are doing that already, it is going to put a huge smile on your face and a relief to know that you already are on the right track. I wish she had written this book any earlier as it cleared so many of my own doubts and made me assure myself yet again (after Minal's books) that I am on the right path (fortunately) knowingly or unknowingly. I am very fortunate to come across incredible coaches like Sahar and Minal, whereas I met my first life coach in the form of a yoga teacher back in Mumbai almost a decade ago. Who with his simple teaching changed my life, he asked me only one question that "Who is stopping you from doing something you want to do in your life?" and answer was "Me Only", I did work closely with him for 22 weeks, only a few hours a weekend and I realized life has never been better. Exactly same experience I had with this book, although as I mentioned earlier, it isn't an easy read and I am totally sure that I am taking only a quarter of what she has shared in her book in one reading. An incredible book like this needs to be read again and again on yearly basis so our mind and heart follows what they actually need in the real life and not what they been programmed to do by man made rules. Now that I have read and loved this one, it will definitely show up in my top 10 Non-Fictions especially when I will talk about non-preachy books on the subject. Do let me know if you read this, how it worked for you and if not, I suggest you do lay your hands on this at the earliest and give it a read. PS: My imperfect vocabulary does no justice to the book which deserves so much more praise.

No comments: