Monday, September 09, 2019

Chhichhore (Movie).

Chhichhore.
After the "Saaho" saho and sehte raho debacle :) I had to correct my mistake by taking my kiddo out for a movie which worked on most ground and wifey wanted to see "Chhichhore" as the lead guy looks exactly like her brother. Going by the name and the casting, I had no expectations on top of that we decided to see it at a much smaller single screen theater near our place, unfortunately even the single screen theaters are now multiple screens :D but this one has stiff non moving seats, with total old school feel building and the crowd is royally rowdy to top it all. But usually a new movie is always housefull thanks to the cheap tickets. The last movie we saw and loved in this theater was Tiger Shroff's Baaghi 2 and the experience was mind-blowing to say the least. "Chhichhore" upped that quotient by few notches for sure as it turned out to be a hilarious joy-ride right from the word go and on top of that conveys a brilliant message so subtly. In other words the movie can be called a Middle class man's Student of the Year :) with at-least eight awesome characters that you will not be able to forget neither their names nor the way they are throughout the movie :) even when the movie keeps going back a few decades in flashbacks. Super and utterly disastrous college life of the "Chhichhora" gang, story of their victory and losses plus how they all turn out in the end in the present is something you've got to watch the movie for. Especially for those who have or are setting up steep targets for their kids to achieve something big in life and are preparing them for a very competitive future, this should work like an eye opener if at all the movie gets its proper due. We totally loved it, starting from the dialogues to body language to the ultimate comedy which didn't let us sit straight for more than five minutes at a stretch. Especially Varun Sharma (Choocha) is my hero of the movie and how beautifully he lifts the movie on his capable shoulders with superb support from his half a dozen friends is really commendable. The movie took me back in time to my own loser friends, made me laugh like crazy, hoot like anything, made me regret yet again that I still haven't learned how to whistle with a few fingers in my mouth, choked me a few times and give solid pain to my jaw-line, made me fall in love with Shraddha Kapoor yet again (yeah it does) and so much more than I can blabber about here. Also, taught me a superb lesson as how to treat my own kid when it comes to competition in today's time and take life a bit lightly :) as at the end of the day, we all end up making our own marks one way or other just like the "Chhichhoras". If you haven't seen it yet, I big time suggest you take a break and watch it at the earliest, especially on big screen and help the makers make some profit so they keep making such gems in future too. And if you've seen it, I am sure you will agree with me when I end up giving this one a superb 5/5. Yeah! it did made me blush a few times with my teenage kiddo sitting right next to me but no big deal, they have their own ways and sources to learn all that they do or say in the movie anyways, so take it with a pinch of salt when some references from your own past come hilariously haunting you on your face :D. But do not miss this movie at any cost.

No comments: