Saturday, September 07, 2019

Saaho (Movie)

Finally, I watched the epic of the year from our side of the world and in one sentence if I have to review it I will say - it is the WTF movie of the year. I tried my level best to coax, force, plead, bribe and what not to all my colleagues, friends and family members to give me company to watch the movie but no one agreed. Finally my kiddo agreed realizing that I had no choice :), 140/- worth of tickets and we end up spending 500/- on cab and pop corns, you see my DL expired few months back and with new rules in force, I am taking no chances. I am not going to talk about the most stylish or say the most expensive movie from our side as that is already done and dusted but what I will tell you are the priceless words that my kiddo threw on me as soon as the movie got over and the lights were turned on. She said "Papa, what was that? I can't believe that we saw the whole movie, And is this the movie that you mentioned which came close to break Avenger's record?? Are you serious? What are you going to say to mom? As she is going to ask how was it". And if there is a sequel, which chances are for sure they are making, she is definitely not joining me for it. The Damn movie never comes to an end, it keeps going and going and going, I couldn't believe that 171 minutes can be that long, all style and no substance with so many characters thrown at the audience one after the another and the twists like every 20 minutes the game changes, predictable cliche stuff throughout yet the style never ends. Wonder why they didn't work on Prabhas's hair style, he looks Yukk and why the heck he talks like he is giving a voice over for someone like Amitabh Bachchan is beyond me. Shraddha Kapoor is a total miscast, instead they should have taken Sonakshi Sinha, she would have fitted the role superbly and it would have brought some oomph factor to the movie too. Although Shraddha and again mis-fit songs were a saving grace for me, they were like a breeze of fresh air (meaningless though) but totally unwanted. Over all, if you haven't seen it, stay strictly away from a theater running it and if you have seen it already, Dude!! I am sending some sympathetic hugs your way, I hear you. We need a few good movies to get over this contortion.

No comments: