Wednesday, September 11, 2019

IT Chapter Two (2019) - Movie.

IT Chapter Two (2019). Things that I had to do to watch a horror movie on big screen which is based on an acclaimed book from my all time favorite Author - Stephen King. I practically begged my friends, colleagues and family members, tried buying them with gifts, beer and what not, I even blackmailed a few Jr colleagues ;) but nothing worked. Finally one of the (best colleague ever) understood my frustration and realized that I may go in depression if I do not see this on the big screen soon as I had seen the first chapter some 48 hours ago in preparation :) she agreed and the rest is history. Shockingly we met a 20 something girl in theater who came all alone to watch this, I even spoke to her and she said she usually watched all movies alone, horror were no exception, that encouraged me so much that I may give it a try in near future if my fundaas to take someone to big screen fails anytime soon. I actually bunked my office in broad day light to watch the movie and that is a different matter that I had to put some extra hours in the night hence the blabber is running exactly 24 hours late. But let me tell you upfront that even the Second Chapter failed to scare me but it has so much more heart, character and story that technically I loved it in comparison to the first chapter and on top of that it actually gives a closure in the end (finally). Introduction (of upcoming feature) by the acclaimed and much loved Author was a surprise factor for me, since I didn't watch the first part on big screen, I had no clue and that sets up the things for the audience followed by "The Shining" sequel's trailer which is coming in next few weeks. Chapter Two picks up the story 27 years after the end of Chapter One as the joker hits every 27 years and now the teenager gang is in the middle age with their own stories to tell. One of them is still stuck in the old town and gets in touch with them all as they made a pact last time to come together if "IT" returns :). The way the first hour unfolds is simply superb, the transition from kids to adults and flashbacks are simply the best part of the whole movie, especially the way they have cast the perfect 7 for the roles and they are super fit. It took me back in time to my own home-town and it is exactly the way they pick up the things after so many years is what we all do in our own lives, the way they bug each other, stand by, understand and have lighter moments till the reality of things hits them as why they are assembled and how they would be tackling the problem at hand. So far the built up was good and keeps the audience glued but once the story is told and everything is set up, it takes way too long for the movie to hit the point and from any standard I see it, it is indeed a over stretch at 169 minutes. I enjoyed it personally as I am a sucker for good stories and entertainment but most of the people will not like it because of its sheer length and not for having too many scary moments. Blood, Gore and Gross moments are aplenty but nothing that I haven't seen earlier is my grudge. I expected so much more and it had nothing new to offer. One thing that I totally loved and which kept me exciting throughout the movie was the book / author references. You've got to watch it and see it for yourself how one of the lead character turns out to be a writer and what happens to all his stories, how they are treated by the movie makers, his friends and even fans :) was simply mind-blowing. As I said earlier, the movie is a full on entertainer but fails on only one ground that it isn't a horror movie, rest it has everything to make it a success only its sheer length may turn out to be a spoilsport for some. I loved the blood and gory movie and it kind of reminded me so much of one of my all time favorite "Evil Dead" on so many counts. Have you seen IT Chapter Two yet? if yes, do let me know if it was able to scare you and if you haven't seen it yet, go ahead and watch like a superb thriller with a rocking story and some thrills throughout, it is a joy-ride if nothing else. I am so much inclined to get the book and read it ASAP (in next two years).

No comments: