Thursday, July 25, 2019

A Storm of Swords Part 2 (Blood and Gold) ASOIAF3.2 - George R R Martin (Book)

A Storm of Swords Part 2 (Blood and Gold) ASOIAF3.2 - George R R Martin.
Fourth book of the series that I have picked up in a row, non-stop without a break (book) in between and even after reading some 3100 pages back to back, neither I am done nor I am bored with it. The magic of George RR Martin uncle just keeps getting better with the book and I hope big time that the magic continues in the next three books that I am yet to pick up. But seriously, now I know exactly what the lovers of this series mean when they swear by it. I am yet to see a single episode of the TV series, just holding my horses till I finish each and every book which is out already and then go to the TV series . And before I forget (I must be saying this fourth time now) let me say it again that this is now onward, my favorite favorite book series for sure, till someone comes out with something better in any near future.
The story of Stark's, Lannister's, Targaryen's and their lords and knights have gone ahead with leaps and bounds. The great wall at the end of the world is still being bravely defended by none other than the love of my life "Jon Snow". Although suspense is just killing at this stage and I just can't wait but to dive for the next to put my brain and heart to rest. So many loved characters are killed by the ruthless Author but yes he sends some back from the dead too  in such a convincing way that it puts a huge huge smile back on my face and I just want to send some bows his way at the earliest. A man's wildest imaginations and dreams that he would not like to confess, he has put in writing in his story  if you have read and seen it, you know what I am talking about and if you haven't, Boss, you have no idea what you have missed.
As I said in my earlier blabber that GRRM has a mastery of keeping the readers guessing at the end of a book as to what happens with the missing characters and they make a re-entry in the very next book in full style that too at a time when one least expects them. I can actually make a list of my favorite characters and trust me when I say this, it will be a pretty long list . Also, finally by God's grace he actually killed some of the characters that I wanted to kill myself from the very first chapter I believe  much to my relief. The surreal connection of Stark's with Wolves is still keeping me on my toes and now I guess it is totally unpredictable, actually I have stopped thinking about it anymore and just want to go with the flow. But I must say that out of four books that I have read, this one is the only book that I didn't want to throw away in frustration (that's a first for Mr. GRRM). Indeed, this one is no doubt the best of the series (so far).
PS: This is one heck of book series but it's size and the (terrific) time it consumes, has made me fall back at-least four books behind my own set target for the year  but I am still not complaining.

No comments: