Monday, July 29, 2019

Mission Impossible: Fallout (Movie)

Mission Impossible: Fallout. 
My wife is (read was) a huge huge Tom Cruise fan  so as soon as this movie released, I thought I will give her a surprise by booking the tickets without her info, have a good time, eat out and make a day with her. But... the money that I spent on the tickets (100/- a piece) it wasn't worth half of it (may be around 40/- worth actually). And she now has sworn that Tom Cruise has aged and she is definitely not watching any more action movies. Now, how sad is that. My plan of hijacking her from her office on a weekday totally derailed by Mr. Ethan Hunt .
Actually the whole movie looks like one big sleep walk for Mr. Ethan Hunt, who has I guess done to death the scene of disarming a nuclear weapon at the last second. How many times one can watch the same old stuff, same old formula, same crap year on year again and again. The first half is so lackluster with almost nothing to offer that I guess my wife actually dozed off. Second half is when all the action takes place but again that all has "been there done that" earlier feel to it. The whole Siachen / Nubra Valley thing and why it was being done was such a laugh out loud moment for me. I mean if the bad guys actually blasted a weapon I really wonder why an IMF agent will come to our rescue?? But that Wifey twist was a proper apne "Abbas Mastan" waala twist. I will still maintain that the first Mission Impossible movie was fantastic and second one that Chimera thingy too was brilliant, after that I have no idea what they did in last two parts and this one too is a effort in vain in keeping Mr. Cruise any younger. I hope they stop these franchisee right here with this movie and do not come out with any more in future.
I will rate it a sad 2/5. One for the Bike chase and chopper scene and one for his colleagues comic timing as they were actually "figuring it out" to how to make it more entertaining. If you haven't seen it yet, worry not, its not worth it and you are for sure missing out nothing great. And if you have seen it, do let me know if it worked for you.

No comments: