Monday, July 29, 2019

The Last Attractor of Chaos - Abhinav Singh (Book)



The Last Attractor of Chaos - Abhinav Singh.
Finally, I have run out of books from Game of Thrones series and till I am not able to get the last three books from my large hearted friend (wink wink) I am on a forced break of sorts (call it situational) and as I was shuffling my huge pile of unread books, this one jumped at me and said "My Writer sent this to you remember?" and Bingo!! Can life get any better for a self confessed bookworm when he or she gets a book to read straight from the Author? It just can't get any better, I say and what an amazing book and story this one turns out to be. Abhinav Singh, wherever you are man, take a bow, you have got a huge fan in me now, who will be waiting very eagerly for your next book. But let me tell you this one thing right at the very start, I loved your book and I hate you big time for that ending , I wish I could find you in real life and grill you in person for that giving me that ending, hurry up man! Please don't do this to your fans. For those who have read it already, a big huge Hi5 and for those who haven't but now plan to read it, let me tell you that its a very engaging book, amazing suspense and a shock in the end. After being a huge huge fan of Agatha Christie, I will say I have never got cold feet reaching a books ending when I realized that there was something wrong either with the book or with me or with story but the way he ends it, Bravo. Another thing that got me thinking while reading his book is that, his one book is way way better than all Chetan Bhagat books put together, I wish CB was writing books like the way Abhinav has written. Kudos to him for this one and eagerly waiting for the next in the series.
A book is a success with me if it makes me smile while I read it and it is a grand success when it gives me sleepless night(s) in between the days I wrap it up. Fantastic story of our own Jason Borne not only made me happy but its pace was so frenetic that I had to finish it in flat two days as I just couldn't live with the suspense. The only change Abhinav offers us is that his protagonist is a Girl and on top of that she is a "Sharma" originally  now, how kool is that . A pregnant woman, working for R&AW, Ex Army Intelligence loses her husband in a freak accident or was it really an accident? A nuclear warhead is gone missing in the meantime parallely. Army intelligence, R&AW as well as local cops too are a part of the cat and mouse chase between the bad men and good ones. But there is a history too to it all and why it is happening with her. Is it a terrorist activity or their own internal agents have gone rogue. I loved the way suspense builds up, the way story keeps going back n forth between the present and the past. It kept me not only glued to the narrative but it made me guess big time too (to no avail of-course). On top of that the spiritual part that he has added to the story is simply outstanding. I wish there was a way I could offer a standing ovation in a review  he deserves that. Especially the convincing way the entire episode is handled, the dead husband trying to help his pregnant wife, How he worries about the yet to be born kid, the way his wife escapes death, how he does that and who helps him (is the best part) but the big question still remains unanswered almost till the very end, whether he will be able to actually succeed or not? You have to read this to know the answers and trust me when I say this, I am quite a lazy man hence I had to stretch it but anyone who loves reading will be able to finish this book in one sitting. It is indeed such a breeze.
Just like the story and its beautiful characters, even the book cover is amazing. I totally love the way it is designed with a pregnant woman holding a machine gun in her left hand partially hidden behind beautiful leaves. I so much wish that someone signs him up for a movie adaptation  as it will make up for quite a thrilling woman oriented movie.
One thing that I would like to mention here which for sure doesn't take anything away neither from the story nor from the Author is the mistakes made in the book, grammatical (quite a few) and spelling (quite a handful) but since this is a self-published book (Notionpress) I will give him all the benefit of doubt I can and expect a better published book in future.Although I am no expert but mistakes are an eye sore and at times a big turn off especially for a reader like me, who reads a lot but here fortunately the story and characters are so good that I had no time minding that all.

No comments: