Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Hichki (Movie)

Hichki (Movie).
There comes a movie in months which makes me regret not watching it on big screen and this one turned out to be one such exception. What a brilliant brilliant movie and what amazing heart-breaking performance by Rani Mukherji, I must say. Kudos to the makers to touch the subject in such an amazing way, unfortunately I had no idea before this movie of something called "Tourette syndrome". I always presumed that Rani will overdo it hence stayed away and I have no idea how the movie did on box office. Last night watched it with the whole family and each one of us loved it big time. The protagonist's fight, struggle, survival and ultimate win was so amazing, it choked me up couple of times so badly that it is hard to explain. By the end of the movie, I was actually praying that no one looks at me so I could control my emotions and stop my tears from rolling down. Loved the way story enfolds and a teacher makes such a huge impact on one student who fights to become one herself, even after suffering from the dreaded disease which leaves no stone upturned in her life to stop her from achieving her goal. How she struggles and wins in the end and does so much for the down-trodden kids of the same school where she was guided by the teacher is the rest of the story.
Casting is so superb that almost each one of the actor made a huge impact on us. Nothing is over done, no villains, just the situations. Superb. Hats off to the makers, we need more movies like these to make the society understand and accept everyone with their flaws. If you haven't seen it, you've got to watch this big time and if you have already seen it, do tell me how you liked it. I will not be surprised if Rani Mukherji picks up the National Award for best actor next year.

No comments: