Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Lust Stories (Netflix Original Movie).

Lust Stories (Netflix Original Movie).
Finally, I gave in to my curiosity and watched the "Lust Stories" and found it totally underwhelming, way below my expectations and heart-breaking too in parts.
Unfortunately the first three stories almost made no sense to me, I couldn't even fathom as to why they made it in the first place. But the last one and from someone who I expected nothing at all impressed me big time. The one made by Karan Johar which I wasn't even expecting much from totally made my day.
What shocked me to no end was that this is a "Netflix" Original where there is no censor board right? Even then they bloody showed No Sex and I found the title misleading. Wonder why even our Directors hide our own sexuality and still opt for camera pointing in space while the couple makes out in background . Wonder what was the purpose of it all? Life is full of lust? or revolves around our lusts? or lust is an important part of life? Life is all Lust? Lust is what life is? No Lust No Life? Any of them? All of them?
Fourt short stories directed by four acclaimed directors from our part of the world. Anurag Kashyap, Zoya Akhtar, Dibarak Banerjee and Karan Johar.
First story from Anurag Kashyap left so much more to be desired even when he had ravishing Radhika Apte as psycho crazy college professor who falls for her own student, goes physical with him even after being married (and separated I assume). Oh and before I forget to mention he actually used a transforming car in the short story where a Honda Accord becomes a Volkswagen by the end of the movie, that was entertaining.
Second story of a maid (Bhumi Pednekar) who impresses by her body language and expressions but was again underwhelming as I couldn't get it, why a maid will actually dream of getting married to her sahab was beyond me.
Third Story of a middle aged couple running out love in the long married life and falling in for one of their own best friend was heart touching, showing the crude reality of today's double standard life of loads of people, I loved the ending and total handling yet it left so much more to be desired from it. Jaideep Ahlawat, Manisha Koirala and Sanjay Kapoor were apt for the characters and had quite beautiful chemistry.
Fourth was the most impressive as I mentioned as it was Direct and to the point. Karan Johar undoubtedly impressed me big time. Terrific story of a recently married girl who wants to have an Orgasm and isn't afraid of fighting for it. Neha Dhupia as her friend cum accidental mentor was super awesome. Loved this one big time and I am glad that they saved the best for the last to keep the audience hooked I believe.
Did you watch "Lust Stories"? How did you like it?

No comments: