Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Split (2016) - M Night Shyamalan (Movie).

Split (2016) - M Night Shyamalan.
I have always liked (and some I loved) M Night Shyamalan movies for one reason that they are different and way better than what Hollywood is serving us day in day out these days. They may not make a huge mark on Cinema front but are always (I insist on Always) very unique to watch. Today as I saw his "Split (2016)" with James McAvoy in lead, I was totally blown away by it, big time. What amazing movie it turned out to be and James is simply superb. No doubt, this will be considered one of his best performance in a long time to come. I've been in love with him since his "X Men" days, I even liked his "Wanted" as it was super entertaining but "Split" is simply stunning and one of the best psychological thriller that I saw in a long long time.
Unfortunately I saw it while having my lunch on some La Plex HD channel with only break as it claimed but I am sure it was heavily edited for "Indian Sensibilities", I have already downloaded an Uncut Torrent version now and will be watching it again this Sunday, just to check out what I missed on TV Channel.
Going by the Title, it is about one insane man played simply superbly by James who suffers from Split personality disorder. The movie explains nothing and the audience is supposed to make his own theory till everything gets cleared up. Why he is what he is, why he kidnaps three teenage girls, where he keeps them, for how long? what is the motto? what is he trying to achieve and so many questions crop up as it goes forward. But the best part is the personalities that he plays, initially I thought it must be two guys but as it picks up and he meets his shrink, I realized that there was too much that is to be understood about the characters inside James and as they make an entry, I was totally stunned, glued, impressed and was in huge grins.
If you really want to enjoy this movie, trust me, watch it alone preferably without subtitles that too in the dead of the night and try not to look anywhere else but on screen, especially when James McAvoy's face is on closeup, DO NOT EVEN BLINK. You will love it. I was watching out for the long shots and Mr. Shyamalan totally impressed me, and that too big time with his camera work as well as with James expressions, totally incredible.
The ease with with which he mixes and separates them, his body language, eyes, walk, movements and so much more was so damn unbelievable and the story is so crossing with flashbacks of the lead girls past, kept me hooked to it totally. I so much wished he had taken Judi Dench as the Shrink, it would have been totally marvelous, still the lady who played the character was simply awesome.
This is one movie that you shouldn't watch at any cost. And it is no horror but a simple thriller which will totally make you happy and you for sure will not forget it for a long long time. And I will eagerly wait for his next one, as and when it comes.
PS: I will not tell you anything about the ending  you have to watch it for yourself.

No comments: