Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Game of Thrones - Season 3 (TV Series).

Game of Thrones - Season 3 (TV Series).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_(season_3)
I am just done with the last episode of Season 3, the way they ended it on such a high and emotional note, has left me totally speechless (choked and with tears in my eyes). This I believe is only the second time that I have felt these emotions watching a TV series. The only other time it happened was at the end of last season of FRIENDS. This was the third season that I've seen back to back with almost no TV in between (this is the fastest I could do from the last one) and seriously kudos to the makers for maintaining the consistency of the story, characters and the way it all progresses. Imagine six Directors directing ten episodes, still there is no disconnect anywhere, it is smooth like silk and so pleasing on eyes and ears. Now that I am done with it, I must say that story has started diverting (big time) from the books and guess this is the moment that I have to start forgetting what I have read  and concentrate and enjoy what the TV series has to offer me here onward. Still, let me say this too that the grin refuses to vanish from my face, of-course the way they keep killing my loved characters makes me angry and sad at the same time, but that's what we have to live with when it comes to entertainment.
From the very start to the mid and by the end of the season 3, Starks are no more my favorites  as Lannisters are ruling my heart as of now. Much to my own shock, amazement and shame too. My loyalty keeps shifting between the three amazing Lannisters, where Tyrion and Jamie are at par but Papa Lannister Tywin has impressed me big time, totally smitten in love with him, my heart knows that he will be killed sooner than later but as long as it lasts. I love his leather jacket and the way he wears that hand on his chest is simply mind-blowing. I pray that they divert the story big time, keep him alive and I get to see so much more of him. Tyrion is the man to die for, his collection and habit of reading books keeps me grinning, his love towards Shae and trying not to let go of her is simply too much. Jamie fighting for Brienne  and that faint smile on her face was simply too good. Praying for Joffrey to be killed soon, hope they listen to it.
When it comes to my shifting loyalty, no wonder Starks are not too far behind, up-till the end of season 2- Arya Stark was my big time favorite but now as Sansa the girl is turning into a fine fine Woman (even at the bloody age of 14) I feel like I am liking her more now. I kept both my eyes opened throughout the season and let me tell you that Arya Stark smiles only once in the entire season that too when the Dog tells her that he is taking her to her brother  Wow, what an amazing scene it was. Hope she takes the revenge for all her brothers, sister, father, mother, wolves, kingdom and so much more. Unfortunately Jon Snow still knows nothing and I hated the way his relations turn out with Ygritte .
Daenerys Targaryen the Dragon mother is going from strength to strength collecting army. As the Game of Throne gets more intense I really wish and feel that she should get it back ASAP, although the way it is going it doesn't look like a possibility any sooner but I love it the way her story is progressing and totally amazing is the way Barristan and Mormont both standby her . With the Unsullied army in the background and new empires falling for her, it is going to be a superb battle in the end I believe. Emilia Clarke has seriously gained respect from me personally with this character, although I hate the makers that the "Toker" she wears in the TV series is no match to what she had in the book. If you know what I mean.
The Grejoys have my full sympathy but I know that they will bounce back (hopefully) with Yara the sister who is going to rescue Theon who I would have killed personally at the drop of a hat if that was in my hand  but I am super happy with what Ramsay doing with him. The King beyond the wall and their struggles are damn thrilling, I loved the brief climb  and kept asking for so much more. Both the Clegane brothers are never getting their due from the makers yet, would love to see them face to face someday in some season  but they are gaining respect in my eyes with each episode and chapter. Davos is another of my favorite and his loyalty to Stannis is simply unparalleled.
The less I talk about the women the better it is as I feel weird to say that I am in love with at least half a dozen of them already from the series in no particular order . Starting from the new changed Sansa to Gilly the love of Samwell Tarly's life, Ygritte who bloody Jon Snow cannot keep up with any longer, I don't want her ever to die. Shae and her expressions in front of Imp, mind-blowing. The Red Woman and her cunning ways to see Stannis on Throne but her loyalty to the man and beauty is simply unbelievable. Meera is the new addition, although she comes late in TV series but I hope she gets more footage now onward. Did I mention Margaery anywhere. The last to show up on my list will be Daenerys.
Against my own wishes I am not able to hate Little Finger or even Varys  the king makers, admire the way they actually go near the Throne all the time even after knowing that they will never be able to sit on it is simply incredible.
I am totally amazed with my own ability of not only remembering but also being able to love so many characters that too from a TV series, this is totally Epic. I wish I was watching this when the whole world was watching but guess it is never too late.
The only grudge that I have with the makers is that they have not put any songs in the series so far  unlike the books where they had so many interesting songs and singers here there and everywhere. Hope I get to hear some in the upcoming seasons.
PS: If you still remember anything from Season 3, do tell me if any of you got confused between Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon  for a brief moment I was shocked to see Stannis sitting with Starks in Edmure's wedding when I realized it wasn't actually him almost his lookalike Bolton .

No comments: