Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Veil - Minal Arora & Kirti D Narang (Book)

The Veil - Minal Arora & Kirti D Narang. When it comes to books I must say I am born lucky :) and this must be the 100th time I will be mentioning that there is nothing which can beat the feeling of getting a signed book by Author and that too with a terrific personal note too :). On top of that if the book turns out to be a beautiful collection of stories from real life that too from past lives with amazing messages, it made it even better for me as a reader. I have read two of Minal's earlier books and found them totally mind-blowing, not only me but my parents too loved her books big time. I have read a lot of books from the Authors from our side of the world, some of them are undoubtedly too good but there are a very few which actually throw some light on spirituality or say on the question of why we are here or what is our purpose in this life. And so far what I have read, none of them talks about the past life experiences or someone's karmic connection and all. Now if you do not know about Minal, let me tell you that she is a Past Life Regression Therapist (Professionally) and a Serenity Surrender Teacher & Therapist other than of-course being a koolest Writer that I know a little bit. What I loved about this collection called "The Veil" is that she has turned the real life experiences of a handful of people into beautiful heart-touching stories for us lesser mortals to understand their deep meanings. If that wasn't enough, her Co-Author Kirti D Narang has further made it more beautiful by putting terrific poems before each story which kind of gives a glimpse of what to expect. Although I am not much into poetry but I must say this book has some amazing ones and the bonus is the last one from Minal herself. And there is a third contributor (Maarisha Chhajta) too to the book in the form of various Geometry Artworks right before the stories. A brilliant package I must call it. Five terrific stories from the lives of regular people like you and me who have no idea why their lives are like the way they are because we have no idea of our past, what went through in our previous lives (if you believe in that) and how it effects our current life. It is totally unbelievable how the Author connects dots from someone past life into their current ones and putting them to ease and offering solutions to various problems they face. All the stories are totally intriguing and were eye openers as it is in the ending that I realized what they actually meant when the Author discloses the characters current lives. My favorite was of-course the one with the Indian Mythological connection :) I so much want to disclose but can only hint that it is about one of the most adored & equally feared Goddess from our part of the world, and how beautifully it is re-told as well as the connect, you've got to read it yourself. Also my second favorite was the last one called "The Spirit" which I will never be able to forget ever in my life as it has a Father-Son connect. The first story about a British woman in love with an Indian man and their failed love was a superb heart-touching start from the pre-independence era. I loved the way these characters were named :) making the stories even more beautiful and believable. Now that I have finished the book and loved it, I am actually finding it very difficult to talk about without disclosing much as I want every one to read it. Almost all the stories have so much pain, trouble, betrayal and what not but of-course there are reasons behind it all as there is a purpose too why it is like that and how it all culminates into someone's present is the best part of it all. If you have read "The Veil" do let me know how you like it and if you haven't read it yet, I suggest you read it ASAP as it is hardly 100 pages yet contains so much. And I will be eagerly looking forward to her next work as and when it comes.

No comments: