Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Diana (2013) - Biography



I guess it will not be an exaggeration to call Diana as one of the most Mysteriously Beautiful Princess in the history of the world and the one who was one of the most adored figures from the recent past. One female that we all born in the 70s and 80s grew up talking / admiring her at one point or the other – unfortunately she died in a (Controversial) car accident as I graduated. The moment this movie was declared – I was totally hooked to the poster as Naomi Watts looked so much like the actual princess (from a distance) – even in the movie if you see her from a distance she looks exactly same and that’s where the comparison ends. I am sure the real Princess of Wales was way too slimmer and better looking than her. This movie covers only a couple of last years of her life / affair with the Pakistani Surgeon Hasnat Khan (Naveen Andrews). Although I know that the critics world over had panned the movie long back still I just couldn’t resist it and I am glad that I did see it finally. And I had no idea that it will become one of those movies which indeed put a wide smile on my face throughout. It’s a controversial subject yet whatever little it covers of her life is too good for us audience and I totally loved it. If this is what is covered in the movie – I am sure the book on which it is based on would be a damn good read as well. It is freaking amazing to see Princess Diana fall in love with a Pakistani of all, the way she goes around with him, cleans his house, washes his utensils, vacuums his house, drives her own butlers car etc– is totally too good. I never imagined that the movie will be this good after reading about how people criticized it big time world over. Unfortunately I am going to give it a damn good 4/5 – call me biased but that’s how it’s going to be – also will recommend it high time to drama lovers, I am definitely keeping a copy for future viewings as well. Not to be missed especially by those born in the 70s.

No comments: