Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lone Survivor (2013) - War Film



I have seen thrillers and I have seen action movies especially the ones related to wars and all that – but I haven’t seen a movie which comes any closer to this one or better than this one for sure. One heck of a movie – even the name tells what exactly to expect or predict from this one even then it works big time on many counts – initial half hour once the introduction is done there is no freaking looking back and you simply cannot pause the movie and do anything else it’s that engrossing and what a way it ends. Before I forget – it’s based on a true story. High time that I saw Mark Wahlberg in a meaningful movie to remember – this one is definitely going to be remembered for a long long time for sure – at least I will rate it as one of the best performances from the guy. The action is simply mind-blowing and it kept me thinking – how could they actually shoot it the way its shown, haven’t seen anything like this ever in a movie. As it’s told the film dramatizes the failed United States Navy SEALs mission Operation Red Wings, in which a four-man SEAL reconnaissance team was tasked to track Taliban leader Ahmad Shah. Unfortunately it hasn’t released in our part of the world yet but I guess it should be released this week or next for sure – I am up for a big screen watch definitely and will recommend it to all action / thriller lovers – not to be missed at any cost. I am definitely going to rate it a damn good 4.5/5.

No comments: