Thursday, January 24, 2013

Amour (2012) - French

What a beautiful and meaningful movie this turns out to be – I have no words to explain how and what I felt in the end. By the time it ends I had such a big lump in my throat that its hard to explain – I actually wanted to see it again – this time with my wife around but resisted for now. If you like “One Room Drama’s” – this should be called one of the best from the recent times – it introduces you to the characters in its own leisure speed – believe me – once you start watching it – you wont mind the speed as both the leads are so loving people and their every day struggle of life is so much life like that you actually feel for both of them and then the reality strikes that its going to happen to us too someday soon. It’s a heart warming story of a couple in their 80’s – how they survive their last days alone with a daughter who keeps visiting them against their wishes – how it all comes to an end is unexplainable – you’ve got to see it to believe it. It has so many moments which will make you smile, laugh, make your eyes wet and will make you take stock of your own life. This one already picked up so many awards and I am sure will take a majority of awards at Oscars. Do not miss it at any cost – if serious life like movies are your cup of tea.

No comments: