Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012)


The movie which as per me – should have never got made, last of the series, weakest and the worst to say the least. How ironical it is that it became the highest grossing film of the Twilight series, I am shocked to read that. Unfortunately it’s a drag and has very little to offer, even after just a little over 100+ minutes of running time – its too long to give you a couple of Yawns and it actually made me check out my watch to see how long its going to take for them to bloody end this mess of a disaster. I guess rather I am sure that the best of the series was the first movie followed by an almost equally good second part, then onwards it kept going down on quality / story department and this is the final nail in the coffin. With almost nothing no new visuals to offer then they just keep doing their fast forward running, jumping, smiling, killing part and to top it all they introduce like a two dozen new members with hardly any footage but with some good new powers like the X Men. Purpose of their life is to save the Immortal child.

The only good part of the movie for me was the chemistry between Bella with Edward and I was doubly glad to see Jacob being with them full time. The best of the best is Kristen Stewart – who looks totally awesome with those red vampire eyes, man! I will definitely put a close up of her in my living room – sometime soon. How it all ends is a pretty predictable fare – if you’ve been following this since the start – you know deep down inside that its actually never going to end. I will not be surprised if they come out with yet another part in a couple of years if not the very next.

No comments: