Thursday, January 24, 2013

Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola (2012) - Hindi - Political Satire

I usually do not read reviews before watching a movie that I am looking forward to but in MKBKM’s case it was different – I read a lot of reviews and was shocked / surprised to see the mixed response it was getting – finally get to see it today. WOW – What a movie – Vishal Bhardwaj does it again and that too in style, starting from the weird warning at the very start – you get its meaning by the time movie ends. And kudos to him for putting such an important message in such simple way, totally loved it. Special mention should be made of the theory given by him in the movie – how money goes in the market and again they take it back in the form of shopping malls, multiplexes etc.

The biggest treat for me and for other movie lovers is awesome Pankaj Kapoor with damn good Shabana Azmi at their best. Their scenes together were a total treat – made me smile from ear to ear. Also, one moment you hate Pankaj and right next you love him, what transformation, like in the very first scene he takes the whole village to his own house and how it all changes by him taking a dip in the pool, only he could have pulled that scene and this movie the way he has done. Everything about him and how he takes up the whole idea with him is totally fundoo. My expectations went down quite a bit after disheartening reviews and I guess that’s why I end up loving it more. 20 minutes into the movie – I knew it I am going to love it. It’s a must watch for every one cause VB has made in such a way that even if you don’t get the message – you will like it as a commercial time pass movie at least, it will rock you on your seat with fun, and if you get the message – you will certainly agree and praise him. I will not spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet – go ahead – watch it! You will love it.

No comments: