Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Playing for Keeps (2012) - Comedy



I guess some movies set an example for others in “what not to do while making a movie” and again that a perfect script or story is the mantra of success in today’s time. The day I first read about this one – I was all excited and who won’t be? Knowing that it had two hunks (Gerard Butler and Dennis Quad) with three hotties (Uma Thurman, Jessica Biel and Catherine Zeta Jones) – yet it’s a disaster of first order. A movie which has no connects with its audience as it has that typical American premise, Separated couple, depressed kid, going nowhere lives, desperate wives, a game of football, and no story to put it forward with a cliché and predictable ending. Undercooked characters, all the ladies jumping on a retired guy who coaches a kid team in school is way too unconvincing for me, howsoever good looking he must be. On top of that undercooked character of Gerard hardly helps him, you can tell by his body language half the way into the movie that he himself wasn’t convinced of his own role. One of the worst from some of my favorites in the industry is what I will call this one. All hopes gone in vain. Give it a miss if you haven’t seen it yet and if you do, share your experience – I will be shocked to find anyone liking this one.

No comments: